Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes
 

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Cunard in Europe in 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
avatar

Number of posts : 889
Location : Midwest USA
Reputation : 22
Points : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:46 am

You're so thoughtful Nick.

Just a little rambling on my part.....

I'll do the full double transist anyway, but after the fiasco and discomfort of flying (and I was lucky with 3 seats to myself!) this last time I can honestly say there would have to be a really good reason for flying to Europe for a vacation with 3 kids rather than sailing. I was crunching numbers the other day and for what it would cost for 6 tickets to Europe the double crossing isn't that much more than coach and certainly less expensive then business class for the kids. The hardest part will be getting the kids used to normal life after 20 days at sea with all the fun activities, constant entertainment and attention.

OK, Rambling thought of the day over!

_________________
~Nina~
Ambiance Travel
Cunard Commodore Agency

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:07 pm

ThreadBump If you have the time - yes - sailing vs flying is the only way to go!
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
avatar

Number of posts : 262
Location : Jersey Shore
Reputation : 12
Points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:27 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
You're so thoughtful Nick.

Just a little rambling on my part.....

I'll do the full double transist anyway, but after the fiasco and discomfort of flying (and I was lucky with 3 seats to myself!) this last time I can honestly say there would have to be a really good reason for flying to Europe for a vacation with 3 kids rather than sailing. I was crunching numbers the other day and for what it would cost for 6 tickets to Europe the double crossing isn't that much more than coach and certainly less expensive then business class for the kids. The hardest part will be getting the kids used to normal life after 20 days at sea with all the fun activities, constant entertainment and attention.

OK, Rambling thought of the day over!

Nina look at it this way - at least you're spoiling them in the very best way! Now question time, since Cunard has released 2010 World Cruise information - realistically when do you think we'll get the remaining schedule - I know April is usually the standard but, just kind of wishful thinking on my part.

Another question - based on 2009 pricing - what type of deposits are we looking at for B or A unobstructed balcony cabins for the entire 20 or so day voyage?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
avatar

Number of posts : 889
Location : Midwest USA
Reputation : 22
Points : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:34 am

I wouldn't expect anything sooner than April. It took them forever to release the WC this year and they will probably wait until they have a good solid idea of QE's progress and making sure she won't be delayed before printing a schedule for her.

As for deposits, based on 2009 you are looking at prices from roughly $6000-8,500.00 per person for those grades, so 25%, figure 1500-2125.00 per person for deposit. Provided they are still offering the reduced deposit sales that could be cut in half during the sale weeks.

What you might want to do for even more savings is book while onboard for the 4th of July cruise to cash in on those benefits and then be pulled into the group for the group amenities. Since I will be onboard as well I will work with the Cruise Sales department on this.

_________________
~Nina~
Ambiance Travel
Cunard Commodore Agency

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
avatar

Number of posts : 262
Location : Jersey Shore
Reputation : 12
Points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:30 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
I wouldn't expect anything sooner than April. It took them forever to release the WC this year and they will probably wait until they have a good solid idea of QE's progress and making sure she won't be delayed before printing a schedule for her.

As for deposits, based on 2009 you are looking at prices from roughly $6000-8,500.00 per person for those grades, so 25%, figure 1500-2125.00 per person for deposit. Provided they are still offering the reduced deposit sales that could be cut in half during the sale weeks.

What you might want to do for even more savings is book while onboard for the 4th of July cruise to cash in on those benefits and then be pulled into the group for the group amenities. Since I will be onboard as well I will work with the Cruise Sales department on this.

Actually that isn't bad and gives everyone plenty of time to make payments too.
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am

Bump! ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:45 am

It's time for the Friday Bump! ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:37 am

Shelia, you are the most patient of people. Wink So, I'll get things going in here again and ask how many are planning to take the full double transit? Personally, I will fly to New York, take the Transatlantic and Europe portions and then disembark once the ship returns to Southampton.
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:25 am

PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
Shelia, you are the most patient of people. Wink So, I'll get things going in here again and ask how many are planning to take the full double transit? Personally, I will fly to New York, take the Transatlantic and Europe portions and then disembark once the ship returns to Southampton.

Thanks! We will join for the Europe segment! ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
avatar

Number of posts : 245
Age : 59
Location : Beantown (Boston)
Reputation : 9
Points : 10
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Don't worry Shelia, as the calendar continues to move forward and we all get 2009 settled, we will quickly shift focus to 2010!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:00 pm

Yes, we're always a year or so ahead of schedule so by this time next year, we'll be concentrating on 2010 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sean F
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 8
Age : 53
Location : Ireland
Reputation : 0
Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Well I'm interested in the Europe segment!
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:30 am

Friday Bump! ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:18 am

ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Loves 2 Cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 57
Age : 44
Location : NYC
Reputation : 3
Points : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:13 pm

We'll be booking this one for sure.
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Friday bump time! ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
avatar

Number of posts : 245
Age : 59
Location : Beantown (Boston)
Reputation : 9
Points : 10
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Hang in there Shelia Very Happy We'll start talking about this soon Very Happy Seems like forever, I know - still no chance you can join us for Christmas in 2009?
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:12 am

Friday bump!
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:45 pm

ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
JeanMarie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 45
Age : 61
Location : USA
Reputation : 0
Points : 0
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:03 pm

If this is the double transit - we're in!
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:16 am

Friday bump! ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 69
Location : Naples, FL
Reputation : 0
Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:34 am

I'll give this a bump up for you Wink
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:47 am

Thanks Pam! ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:04 am

Friday Bump Time! ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Location : Germany via the US Army
Reputation : 3
Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:36 am

Time for the Friday bump! ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   

Back to top Go down
 
Cunard in Europe in 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Aliénor, Exchange student 2010/2011 à Taiwan
» Morgane, Future exchange student USA 2010-2011
» Esmeralda, Equateur 2010-2011
» Léo, USA (?) 2010-2011 !
» Laura - Exchange Student 2010-2011 (WEP)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Freek Group Cruises :: 2010 Group Cruises :: Cunard European Cruise-
Jump to: