Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Christmas 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:07 pm

Definitely. The admin can assign it to a TA. We did the same thing with the Project Genesis inaugural (some time in 2009). Wink
Back to top Go down
Shipmate
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:13 am

Splendid! I will continue to watch to see how this develops but, I would be interested.
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:45 pm

Glad to see so much interest in this idea. Now all we have to do is w-a-i-t Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cruiser Marie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:08 pm

I agree with the speculation that the 2009 Holiday sailing will again be out of NYC. We are on the 2007 QM2 holiday cruise and, we'd be interested if it's going to be offered again in 2009.
Back to top Go down
I'm A Cruise Junkie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Oh I want to be part of this group for sure! NY or FL is ok by me!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:10 pm

Why not plan this as a yearly cruise and start in 2008 too? There is still over a year to plan and get more people interested and those prices are already out with lots of space left. I know I would love to go next year, if anything to skip having to decide which family function to go to! (We have a BIG family with at least 4 different parties!)

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:25 am

I can only speak for myself but, since there is a holiday cruise already in the works on Grand Princess for 2008 and, we're still a pretty small group, I was planning on booking that one. Unless we have an giant influx of people, I doubt there will be enough interest to get support for two groups during the same weeks of the year.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:27 pm

Being an optimist I think that CF is going to grow so much so quickly with such cruise loving people that we will need 2 different ships just to hold us all. (Charters are so complicated!) Very Happy

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:23 pm

I have an unconfirmed rumor from a friend who works in Cunard headquarters and it's being speculated that QM2 will be sailing from NYC for the holidays in 2009 and QV will again be sailing from Southampton. However, again, these are only speculation and rumor and nothing is set as of yet. If I receive wind of any updates, I'll be certain to post them!
Back to top Go down
Cruiser Brooke
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:37 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed it will be out of NYC - All we can do is wait...time
Back to top Go down
Shipmate
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:57 pm

Just popping on to see how this group is forming, looks like there is enough interest! Very exciting, don't you think? Too bad CC didn't have the foresight to organize a Cunard Holiday group, I predict this will be a huge success!
Back to top Go down
Giovani
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:28 pm

I'm certainly interested regardless of where it will sailing to/from - Count me in!!
Back to top Go down
Lady Jane
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:22 am

Looks like we have a very nice group shaping up!
Back to top Go down
Giovani
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:10 pm

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Tony Tiger
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:54 am

I'm still new here I've been browsing and reading instead of posting but, this caught my interest. I've never cruised Cunard but, a holiday cruise sounds kind of fun. What can you tell me about Cunard? I've only sailed Carnival and Royal Caribbean so far so I imagine Cunard will be quantum leap. I think my biggest concern is that Cunard is stiff. Would you say that's true?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:33 pm

Just wanted to keep the thread alive and as we grow closer to 2008, start anticipating the release of 2009 cruises in March Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Jane
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:24 pm

So glad to see there is still interest in this idea, I think it will be a lot of fun! Wonderful news about Queen Elizabeth too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Oh I think by the time they release the 2009 prices and itineraries you'll have more than enough for a group Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lab Lover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:12 pm

So glad there is still interest!
Back to top Go down
Brian of Boston
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:05 pm

I've never sailed on Cunard but this sounds interesting. I like the fact that you're all willing to take a chance and form the group before you even know which ship or the itinerary Laughing I'll keep checking back but yes I'd like to be kept update and I'll be watching to see how this all develops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mobinboston
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:34 pm

Tony Tiger wrote:
I'm still new here I've been browsing and reading instead of posting but, this caught my interest. I've never cruised Cunard but, a holiday cruise sounds kind of fun. What can you tell me about Cunard? I've only sailed Carnival and Royal Caribbean so far so I imagine Cunard will be quantum leap. I think my biggest concern is that Cunard is stiff. Would you say that's true?

Hello Tony,

I think you will be able to get a good idea of what Cunard people are like just by reading this board. Do we seem stiff? You will find that a great majority of the people that sail Cunard are very friendly to everyone. They are usually well educated, well traveled and appreciate all of the things that make Cunard Cunard. The more formal dress, long dinners, ballroom dancing, quiet days by the pool or on deck without constant blaring announcements or hairy whatever pool games. They enjoy the lectures and trivia because it stimulates the mind and encourages conversation and interaction with other guests at a more refined level then "Quest". In the end though it is all just (mostly) responsible people on vacation.

If you have visited the other Cunard board I can understand where you may have gotten the wrong first impression. They are devoted to the brand and what it stands for and are very resistant to anyone coming in and wanting to change it. I have taken the time to get to know many of them over there and they are capitol people for the most part and very friendly once you get past the British humor and the tongue in cheek that comes from people posting together for years. Here at CF I expect this board to form many great friendships amoung cruisers and I am sure given time there will be things that may seem strange to new comers. My hope is that our friendliness will always shine brightly through and show everyone just how great the people that sail Cunard are.

*Disclaimer....on every ship on every line you are bound to eventually bump into someone with their nose in the air sneering down at everyone else!

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Murray S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:11 pm

lol! Bravo Host Nina! I don't think I could have said it any better. There is always going to be someone with their nose in the air - even on Carnival ships, trust me! Cunarders are not necessarily stiff, I'd rather think of them (us) as reserved. I've met some of the most interesting people in the world (literally) on Transatlantic sailings on Cunard.

Tony - if you enjoy good conversation, good food, upscale entertainment, and, the enjoyment of an oceanliner vs a cruise ship then you'll love Cunard. Additionally, you have to keep in mind this will be a Holiday sailing and, there will be more families and a greater range of ages on this sailing than on normal Cunard sailings. In other words, there will be more diversity!

I think it sounds wonderful. Now, who do I have to bribe, I mean talk to Wink, about getting them to sail from NYC for the holidays in 2009.

Looking forward to it HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
Giovani
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:52 am

Looks like we're moving ahead full steam ahead! Can't wait to see the ship and itinerary available!
Back to top Go down
Cunard Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:53 am

I have to tell you a story about cruise snobs. I was on my second or third Cunard sailing and, I "thought" I was dressed appropriately for tea time. This was on QE2. I had on a cute sweater set and pants. As I went to enter for tea, I heard the woman in back of me snicker and say "I guess they let anyone in these days". Absolutely feeling mortified, I ran back to my cabin, nearly in tears over this comment.

Unfortunately, this happened on one of the formal nights and, I had spent a lot of money on a beautiful ball gown and, I was determined I wasn't going to let someone's comment ruin the rest of my night or cruise. So, we enter
into the dining room and, I spotted the woman who made the comment. Not
only did she have enough make up on her to make the best Drag-Queen
proud, her attire looked like it was moth eaten and about as dignified as something you'd see in a Britney Spears video.

Well, I'll tell you, someone above has a sense of humor and must have wanted to cheer me up. The ship hit a rough wave (Transatlantic crossing) and, we felt a good but harmless jolt. As we all looked around and began
laughing at the small mishap, I heard the light chuckles turn into out
right roaring laughter. I looked in the direction of Ms. Cruise Snob and, she was wearing her dinner! To make matters worse, when she stood up to shake herself clean, part of her dress was tucked into her pantyhose and her bum was partly exposed!!

I never felt so good about someone else's misfortune! I burst out laughing and, felt silly for letting someone like this almost ruin my cruise.

Moral of the story: no matter who you are, no matter what ship line you sail there are going to be snobs. Don't take what they say to heart and
sooner or later, you'll get the last laugh Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Giovani
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:57 am

Too funny! I agree, never allow someone else's opinion ruin your cruise. Great story Cunard Cruiser! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next