Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Christmas 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Loves 2 Cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Gee Brooke and Joe, can't imagine to whom you are referring Razz

Nick lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Hehehe HappyHappyJoyJoy Sorry just couldn't resist!!

So, let's get this thread back on topic. I emailed Tina (ADMIN Tina) yesterday about this group and it's definite "go". She told me she's already working on a website for but, can only do so much until we find out the ship and itinerary which is completely understandable and, also won't be able to really promote it until then. The only thing we can do is have anyone we know that is interested sign up on the holiday newsletter so they can receive updates as they become available.

I did some spying over on CC, not one holiday cruise in 2008 and I can guarantee you there won't be one for 2009. Now, how do we get on CC and let them know? If only we could tap that resource!! LOL Oh well, we're small but growing and frankly I don't want this board turning into CC. I love the family, friendly atmosphere here and, I'd hate to lose that with spammers, trolls, and flamers.
Back to top Go down
First Timer
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:54 pm

We're going to book the Grand Princess group for 2008, if that goes well, we'll be booking with you on Cunard. Sound very elegant and exciting!
Back to top Go down
Kevin T
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Hehehe HappyHappyJoyJoy Sorry just couldn't resist!!

So, let's get this thread back on topic. I emailed Tina (ADMIN Tina) yesterday about this group and it's definite "go". She told me she's already working on a website for but, can only do so much until we find out the ship and itinerary which is completely understandable and, also won't be able to really promote it until then. The only thing we can do is have anyone we know that is interested sign up on the holiday newsletter so they can receive updates as they become available.

I did some spying over on CC, not one holiday cruise in 2008 and I can guarantee you there won't be one for 2009. Now, how do we get on CC and let them know? If only we could tap that resource!! LOL Oh well, we're small but growing and frankly I don't want this board turning into CC. I love the family, friendly atmosphere here and, I'd hate to lose that with spammers, trolls, and flamers.

I'm not surprised this group is a "go" - look at the response, we're already 7 pages deep and two years away!! I'd say people who are sick of CC are finding this board a huge relief, I know I am!
Back to top Go down
Cunard Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:01 pm

I'm not surprised this group is a go either. I'm sure as we grow, more and more Cunarders are going to find us and take advantage of the Cunard groups that are already formed and those yet to form. Should also make the board TAs happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Scorpione
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:57 pm

Wow, this is impressive to say the least. Can't wait to go in 2009!!
Back to top Go down
BB
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:29 pm

After some real careful calculations, it looks like I can probably afford to book this sailing Yay I have a few questions and hopefully some of you can answer me:

1) How much does Cunard require for a deposit?
2) I'm a teacher and I don't have an extensive nor luxury wardore. How out of place will I be find a few really nice gowns on sale at Macy's or similar store?
3) Does Cunard offer a category guarantee? For example, I know I'll only be able to afford an inside cabin but, if there is a category guarantee i might be bumped up to a better inside category
4) For those who have sailed on Cunard, are there any unexpected expenses (besides the usual cruise line nickle and diming for shore tours, drinks, gambling, etc). For example, if there is a coffee bar onboard, is that included or is there a surcharge?

Can't wait! DocDance
Back to top Go down
Cunard Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:53 pm

BB wrote:
After some real careful calculations, it looks like I can probably afford to book this sailing Yay I have a few questions and hopefully some of you can answer me:

1) How much does Cunard require for a deposit?
2) I'm a teacher and I don't have an extensive nor luxury wardore. How out of place will I be find a few really nice gowns on sale at Macy's or similar store?
3) Does Cunard offer a category guarantee? For example, I know I'll only be able to afford an inside cabin but, if there is a category guarantee i might be bumped up to a better inside category
4) For those who have sailed on Cunard, are there any unexpected expenses (besides the usual cruise line nickle and diming for shore tours, drinks, gambling, etc). For example, if there is a coffee bar onboard, is that included or is there a surcharge?

Can't wait! DocDance

BB - Host Nina can correct me if I am wrong but, to the best of my knowledge:

1) Cunard requires a 25% deposit at the time of booking. I've always assumed this helps to seperate those are just thinking about keeping a reservation vs those of us that full intend to follow through.

2) You will feel right at home with a gown from Macys. True. Cunard is more upscale but, I've seen some "interesting" choices made by some - even those dining in the Grill rooms. Don't let wardrobe intimidate you!! During the day, Cunard is pretty much like any other cruise line, you'll see people in very casual attire including shorts and polo shirts. Wink

3) I'm not sure about the category guarantee. Host Nina or one of the other board TAs will need to answer that one.

4) It's pretty much like any other cruise line. As you mentioned shore tours, drinks, and the usual stuff like the computer will have charges as will Todd English, the alternative restaurant. By the way, Todd English is very worthwhile AND unlike the other cruise lines Cunard has it open both for Lunch and Dinner.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:07 pm

1) 25% is correct. However, if booked during a sale the deposit amount is reduced by 50% even if booking into a group.

2) While on the QV I wore a red dress I bought on super clearance from a store similar to Macy's about 4 years ago. It received rave reviews. Day wear varies depending on the person. You probably won't see cut off shorts or too many skimpy tank tops during the day but a comfortable pair of shorts or slacks and a t-shirt or blouse will be just fine. For evening wear follow the suggested dress code and you will be more than fine. If you need help deciphering it just ask away here for suggestions!

3) There is usually a guarantee option available for almost every grade unless the guarantee slots are filled which doesn't usually happen to often Smile

4) Cunard Cruiser has answered this question very well. How much you choose to spend on extra's in entirely upto you and your budget. You wouldn't have to spend a dime more than you wanted to. Just remember to budget for tips before hand.

Hope it works for you to go!

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Lets Go
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:18 pm

Host Nina - so you're saying if we book during a Cunard sale, instead of paying say $1200 for a deposit, it would drop to $600?

If that's true:

1) How often does Cunard have sales?
2) Does it apply to holiday sailings (always seems to be the one glitch in the system with the other lines)
3) What are the chances of getting some really good group amenities for a holiday sailing?

If you can't tell - I'm really excited!!! HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:27 pm

Lets Go,

In answer to your questions:

1) Each agency determines when they will hold a cruise sale. In the case of this group who ever the agency in charge ends up being will probably set up a sale week every few months and notify the members in advance. The typical Cunard sale week offers a 50% deposit (so yes $1200 would drop to $600) as well as a range of onboard credit available depending on lenght of voyage and category booked upto $300.00 per cabin.

2) It applies to any sailing with World Cruise sailings being the only exception (as the current rules read)

3) Typically, the more popular the sale date the lower the amenity points. To get the best points it is wise to block space as soon as it comes out as that is also when the most points are available (the point count shrinks as the sailing gets closer) For a holiday sailing I would say it is safe to expect either a little extra OBC, a bottle of wine or something similar. Those in balcony categories and above receive double. (So if an inside qualifies for 1 bottle of wine a balcony would receive 2)

Glad to hear you are excited! It is sure to be a really fun time!

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Archie
Charter Member
Charter Member

Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:01 pm

HappyHappyJoyJoy Look how this thread has grown!! Would love to see LS's reaction when she finds out that we've pulled this off successfully!!
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:00 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Lets Go,

In answer to your questions:

1) Each agency determines when they will hold a cruise sale. In the case of this group who ever the agency in charge ends up being will probably set up a sale week every few months and notify the members in advance. The typical Cunard sale week offers a 50% deposit (so yes $1200 would drop to $600) as well as a range of onboard credit available depending on lenght of voyage and category booked upto $300.00 per cabin.

2) It applies to any sailing with World Cruise sailings being the only exception (as the current rules read)

3) Typically, the more popular the sale date the lower the amenity points. To get the best points it is wise to block space as soon as it comes out as that is also when the most points are available (the point count shrinks as the sailing gets closer) For a holiday sailing I would say it is safe to expect either a little extra OBC, a bottle of wine or something similar. Those in balcony categories and above receive double. (So if an inside qualifies for 1 bottle of wine a balcony would receive 2)

Glad to hear you are excited! It is sure to be a really fun time!

Some of us are off in less than 48 hours on QM2 - we'll do some snooping and questioning and maybe we can get some answers about which ship will be used for the Caribbean Holiday sailing in 2009. Like many on here who have expressed interest in group Christmas sailing in 2009, I'd love it to be from NYC but, if we must fly to Ft. Lauderdale so be it.

Hopefully Cunard will release the holiday sailings in a timely fashion so people don't hit the panic button and book other lines while waiting for the 2009 prices.

Wishing everyone the Happiest of Holidays and a peaceful and Healthy New Year.

HolidayTree menorah Kwanzaa HappyNewYear2
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:35 pm

For all those leaving soon have a great time and a wonderful voyage! We will look forward to your full reports/reviews on your return.

Bon Voyage!!

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:44 pm

Thank you Nina! By the way Nina, I left a private message for you Wink

Happy Holidays and a peaceful, healthy New Year To All!!

HolidayTree menorah Kwanzaa HappyNewYear
Back to top Go down
Kim T
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:39 pm

Would be very interested if it's from Brooklyn/NYC
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:06 pm

Hello Kim Welcome to the Cunard Board. Please make yourself at home and join in the fun. I see you leave for your RCCL cruise in just 3 days. You must be so busy packing! Probably really looking forward to escaping the cold and basking in the sunny . Send some back up here for us!

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
NYC PD
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:33 pm

Great news that QM2 should be back in NYC for the holiday sailing in 2009!! Now, I just have to start saving so I can afford it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kingofqueens71
Grey Day Cruisers
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:55 am

If it's from NYC, we'll be booking
Back to top Go down
Cruiser Marie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:58 pm

We were booked on QM2 for this year (2007) but had to cancel due to a scheduling conflict with some family members who were joining us. We'd LOVE to be part of a Cunard group during the holidays!
Back to top Go down
Lisa D
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:07 pm

We're ready to book!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!
Back to top Go down
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:22 pm

After Marina's "Live" reports and photos, I"m sure there is going to be even more interest in 2009!!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Sounds like the 2007 gang had a great time, we shouldn't have any trouble forming a 2009 group!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:56 pm

Just 8 more weeks and pricing should be out!!!

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:36 pm

For anyone who is considering the 2009 holiday cruise on Cunard, I have started a website for it. Keep in mind it's very much under construction but, it will give you a rough idea of what to expect as far as cabins, how the ship is decorated for the holidays, and just a general feeling what to expect on a Cunard sailing. http://www.cunardholiday2009.makeswebsites.com
Back to top Go down
http://cruisefreekforums.forumfreek.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next