Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Transatlantic on the return is a must

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cruisin'

PostSubject: Transatlantic on the return is a must   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Everyone!

Sound like an adventuresome group. Several of you are ready to sign up with no idea of when / where you are going. 2010 on the QM2....ok, I could see that! Very Happy

Jennifer told me about this cruise, and if you are thinking about only do one leg of the transatlantic, I'd say go with the return to New York. We did the Med with Jennifer and John in Nov 2007 and it was a great cruise, but I was exhausted by the end of it. I would have loved 6 days to relax at sea and recover!

Pat
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Transatlantic on the return is a must   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Are you saying the Westbound trip is better than the Eastbound Pat ?
Back to top Go down
Cruisin' Oma
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Eastbound versus westbound   Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:47 am

lordoftime wrote:
Are you saying the Westbound trip is better than the Eastbound Pat ?

The only advantage I have heard regarding Westbound versus Eastbound, is the hour you gain each night! The only reason I say that westbound is a must, is that we came back from our Med cruise exhausted from running ourselves from about 6:30 am until about midnight every night. BY the time we got home, I certianly didn't feel like we had been on vacation. I knew then and there, the next time I did any cruise in Europe, I would want to finish it with a transatlantic for those restful sea days to recoup on the way home!

For those that are thinking they don't want to do the entire double transit and trying to decide which, I just wanted to add this as a consideration for them.

Of course the best of both worlds is to be able to do them both, and let the eastbound give you the chance to let the world slip away and get into that vacation frame of mind, and then the westbound allow you to recover from packing in all the wonderful sights and history that Europe has to offer.

But if you could only do one, then I would go for the westbound.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Transatlantic on the return is a must   Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:40 am

Thanks for the clarification.
I agree a double crossing with a couple of weeks in the UK (my old country) in the middle would be super.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transatlantic on the return is a must   

Back to top Go down

Transatlantic on the return is a must
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1