Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:09 am

Babies on the Go Program
Now you can leave your diaper bag at home when you come onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise. We’ve partnered with Huggies® to bring you Babies on the Go, our new program that lets you pre-order diapers, wipes and cream. These baby essentials will be delivered to your stateroom upon your arrival, so you can pack lighter for your trip. Available to order online in March 2009 through Royal Caribbean’s Gifts & Gear page at RoyalCaribbean.com.

Fisher-Price Toy Lending Program
Draw from an onboard treasure chest of Fisher-Price toys during your stay with us. Our Fisher-Price Toy Lending Program consists of a collection of developmental toys, specifically created for infants and toddlers ages 6-36 months. Borrow and exchange toys for a new activity every day, and help your little one’s growing mind learn through play.

Stroller Mates Workout
Stay on track by continuing your morning exercise regimen—even while you’re out at sea. With our Stroller Mates Workout, you and your baby can enjoy a morning session on the jogging track, dedicated to guests with infants in strollers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:42 am

michele - i was never blessed enough to have children but this sounds so wonderful for you. that is great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:49 am

So where do Ron, Pete and I go?? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:32 pm

well you don't go with the small children because that might mar them for life
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:34 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
michele - i was never blessed enough to have children but this sounds so wonderful for you. that is great.

My kids are out of diapers. Very Happy But anything that makes it easier for families with children to cruise is a good thing for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:35 pm

This is wonderful news. RCCL is clearly trying to make themselves more accessible to families with younger children. They are also the only cruise line I know of that has organized activities for kids ages 6 months and up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:49 pm

HelenB wrote:
This is wonderful news. RCCL is clearly trying to make themselves more accessible to families with younger children. They are also the only cruise line I know of that has organized activities for kids ages 6 months and up.

Yep, I think they have finally figured out that people who travel with kids have money too. Very Happy
Oasis is adding in the first nursery on an RCCL ship. So that is a breakthrough.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Bringing a baby on a cruise....wow. I think I'd throw in the towel on that one!
Well, I guess I wouldn't be the only one throwing mashed potatoes in the dining room!

Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:40 am

NDJollyMon wrote:
Bringing a baby on a cruise....wow. I think I'd throw in the towel on that one!
Well, I guess I wouldn't be the only one throwing mashed potatoes in the dining room!

Oh come on Pete, it's easy. Laughing

Gabriella (my youngest) is only 4 and she'll be on her 6th cruise this Saturday. flower If I can survive with HER then anyone can do it. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:47 am

Wow that is great...wish carnival had it when I went in october...I had 2 in diapers. That is great...especially since you have to pay to check your bags now. I just came back from a cruise without kids....and I missed them dearly...but we sure needed this couple time too.

Have fun on your cruise michele!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:59 am

mnmomof4 wrote:
Wow that is great...wish carnival had it when I went in october...I had 2 in diapers. That is great...especially since you have to pay to check your bags now. I just came back from a cruise without kids....and I missed them dearly...but we sure needed this couple time too.

Have fun on your cruise michele!

Thanks! So how was the Ruby Princess? Did you post a review anywhere yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:44 am

Ruby Princess is a wonderful ship. I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures before I post a review. Now I'm just waiting for spring break dates for 2010 to book another family cruise. I didnt care for princess beds...way too hard. Somethings I liked better with disney and carnival. Not many kids...you will have to tell me how the kids program is, there didnt seem to be much going on yet Jan is a slow time to bring kids. I think my teens would have been bored. My 13 yr old is bugging me for another cruise...I think he is the cruise freek!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:22 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
Ruby Princess is a wonderful ship. I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures before I post a review. Now I'm just waiting for spring break dates for 2010 to book another family cruise. I didnt care for princess beds...way too hard. Somethings I liked better with disney and carnival. Not many kids...you will have to tell me how the kids program is, there didnt seem to be much going on yet Jan is a slow time to bring kids. I think my teens would have been bored. My 13 yr old is bugging me for another cruise...I think he is the cruise freek!

To post pictures...

--Then upload the pictures to your photo bucket account

--Under each picture is an Image code or it will say IMG code

--It will look something like this

--click on that code and copy/paste it here at Cruise Freeks into your review.

It sounds alot more complicated than it is. Once you do it a few times, it becomes easier and easier. Very Happy And of course, if you need any help let me know and I can walk you through it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks Michele...it does sound complicated...took me forever to be able to add your mystery cruise ticker to my signature. Needless to say I will need to find some quiet time without kids running around to be able to do that. Thanks for the instructions.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:23 pm

welcome back Penny!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:40 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
welcome back Penny!

Thanks Pete...I wish I could say it's good to be back in cold Minnesota :coldout: TIme to plan another cruise!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:59 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
NDJollyMon wrote:
welcome back Penny!

Thanks Pete...I wish I could say it's good to be back in cold Minnesota :coldout: TIme to plan another cruise!

Ok...I'll give you some suggestions:

GO ON ANY OF THE CRUISES IN MY TICKER BELOW!
I give you the "Jolly Guarantee" that you'll have more fun than you ever had on a cruise before! Cool

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 pm

I wish I could afford all your cruises!....hard to travel with 4-6 people. I need to wait for 2010 spring break dates....that march celebrity from Charleston seems great but it will depend on the kids dates. Actually there are some great group cruises in the winter of 2010.
Back to top Go down
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:02 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:

We've done lots of cruises in January on Princess, and I agree there are fewer kids onboard. There are usually plenty for mine to hang around with, though! Where did you sail?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:08 pm

HelenB wrote:

We've done lots of cruises in January on Princess, and I agree there are fewer kids onboard. There are usually plenty for mine to hang around with, though! Where did you sail?

Helen,

We sailed the western carribean...ocho rios, grand cayman, cozumel and princess cays. I will sail in january with the toddlers but not with the teens because of school so I need to wait for spring break dates. I also have the option of taking them out of school for a few days in oct since they have a 4 day weekend. We have gone on 3 cruises in oct and they seem to find lots of friends.
Back to top Go down
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:51 pm

[quote="mnmomof4"]
HelenB wrote:

We sailed the western carribean...ocho rios, grand cayman, cozumel and princess cays. I will sail in january with the toddlers but not with the teens because of school so I need to wait for spring break dates. I also have the option of taking them out of school for a few days in oct since they have a 4 day weekend. We have gone on 3 cruises in oct and they seem to find lots of friends.

Sounds like a great itinerary! I would think that the Caribbean would have more kids than other itineraries, but you never know from cruise to cruise.

My kids are between yours! I have an 8 year old and a 6 year old, but we started cruising when the younger was barely 3! They've always enjoyed the Kids' Clubs, and after Disney, Princess is their favorite line. We'll see how they do on Crystal and Cunard this year. Wink We haven't done Ruby Princess, but we've been on Sapphire Princess and Crown Princess with them. I love the outdoor kids' play areas/pools on Crown, but I love the giant indoor pool on Sapphire! One thing that bugs me about RCCL and Celebrity is they way they restrict the covered pool to adults only.

I hear you on taking the kids out of school. I have time off in January from work, but the kids don't. So far I've taken them out and had them do schoolwork on vacation, but elementary school is different from high school. I hope your October or March dates work out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:40 pm

HelenB wrote:
One thing that bugs me about RCCL and Celebrity is they way they restrict the covered pool to adults only.

Do a Freedom class or Oasis class and you won't have to worry about it. Very Happy

And I like the Adult only areas. Pure heaven for me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:38 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
And I like the Adult only areas. Pure heaven for me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh, I have no problem with adult only areas. I quite enjoy them. But I prefer a covered pool for my kids. Either it's too cold to go swimming outdoors, or I have to slather them head to toe in sunscreen 3 times a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots   

Back to top Go down

Royal Caribbean adds new options for parents of babies/tots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1