Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Feedback on NCL and/or Carnival?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Feedback on NCL and/or Carnival?   Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:24 am

We are hoping to book our next cruise for the fall of 2009 in the new year. One of the options is the NCL Pearl. The other is the Carnival Freedom. Any feedback, suggestions, warnings about either?? I have heard mixed reviews about the kids clubs on both.

Our last cruise was on the Crown Princess ... which we loved but I want to explore many different lines. The main reason we have selected these two lines is their fares are so much lower than RCCL (which we really want to cruise on). We are from Canada and with our dollar being so low, we have to add approx. 30 cents to every dollar the cruise costs ... so the price is important right now. If the dollar is on par to the U.S. dollar, we would probably consider RCCL.

We are a family of 4 ... me, dh, and two daughters aged 9 and 5. Safe, well secure and fun kids programs are important, along with a clean ship with good service.

I will probably post this on another area of this board for more feedback, but would love to hear from other family cruisers.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

Livabeth
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on NCL and/or Carnival?   Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:45 am

well we sailed on the valor from carnival and i did not like it, maybe another carnival ship would be better, i am used to royal and princess, never sail a ncl
good luck in deciding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on NCL and/or Carnival?   Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Honestly if those were the choices, then I would choice Carnival Freedom. Camp Carnival has a wonderful program for the kids. I actually think that in some areas, Camp Carnival out performs RCCL Adventure Ocean.

The counselors in Camp Carnival seems to know HOW to interact with the younger kids. Since their camp starts at age 2, they have a little more patience than the RCCL Adventure Ocean staff...who to me seem to want the little cruisers to act like adults.

The Camp Carnival program is centered along alot of phyisically doing things. They have bubble dance parties for the 2-5 year old group. If they want to do free play instead of the activity for the moment, then they allow the child the option to choose free play.

I have not been on NCL since 2002 but like you, have been reading lots of mixed reviews about NCL Kids Crew.

And of course, if you want to see the different activities for both lines, click on my blog (link below) and then click on the name of the cruise line on the right hand side of my blog.
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on NCL and/or Carnival?   Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:25 pm

I only have experience on the Carnival Triumph with the Kids Program. Our younger dd was 10 on our sailing. Her age group has the option of signing themselves out. Of course, that is only allowed if you sign the form saying it is okay for them to do so. The activities she attended, she did enjoy and there were lots of activities listed, especially on sea days. They even organized a "talent show" for all of the age levels during the week. It was really cute & the counselors seemed to be really encouraging & excited about all of the skits/acts the kids performed.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
RKlein
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on NCL and/or Carnival?   Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:35 pm

Good topic and thanks for the info this will help in our decision making for future cruises.
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on NCL and/or Carnival?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:22 am

My vote is for Carnival too. Camp Carnival is awesome. We sail on NCL once (Dawn). Their kids' club was fine but not as good as Carnival.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on NCL and/or Carnival?   

Back to top Go down

Feedback on NCL and/or Carnival?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1