Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:16 pm

I wasn't trying to step on toes, just looking at some Broadway theater sites and how pricing is and what kind of seat choices there are. I haven't had a chance to speak to Nina yet, as she has been busy since I booked.

My big thing is musicals, as I said I used to play with paid musicians in the pit orchestra (talk about close seating).

Last edited by flowers on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Not A Pain In The Aft
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm not part of this group but, it was made clear that anyone taking advantage of the Halloween offer and who took QM2 for 4th of July got the pre-cruise package which includes show tickets... I don't think you have any say in the matter. Just my opinion...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:44 pm

Right, no need to worry about theater tickets, they are already included and we'll do our best to get orchestra seating (no stairs that way). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cruisefreekforums.forumfreek.com
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Thanks, no I did not know the tickets were included.

I still intend to try and go to NYC early and to buy tickets to a Broadway show (other than Jersey Boys), are the theaters really huge? If I can't get a seat in the orchestra how bad is the mezzaine?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:54 pm

flowers wrote:

I still intend to try and go to NYC early and to buy tickets to a Broadway show, are the theaters really huge? If I can't get a seat in the orchestra how bad is the mezzaine?

I know this answer isn't going to help much but, it really depends on the theater. Sometimes the mezzanine offers better views than orchestra seating - do you have a show in mind? If I knew the theater, I could be more specific and help you out better.
Back to top Go down
http://cruisefreekforums.forumfreek.com
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:08 pm

Admin wrote:
flowers wrote:

I still intend to try and go to NYC early and to buy tickets to a Broadway show, are the theaters really huge? If I can't get a seat in the orchestra how bad is the mezzaine?

I know this answer isn't going to help much but, it really depends on the theater. Sometimes the mezzanine offers better views than orchestra seating - do you have a show in mind? If I knew the theater, I could be more specific and help you out better.

OK thanks, I will try and get some specific choices and the theater names.

I'v been to the ballets like Nutcracker and other big name shows in Dallas and the theater is pretty huge. I was wondering if the theaters are that big or even possibly bigger in NYC. The theater I saw the NYC Boardway cast for Cats in West Palm Beach, by comparison, was a pretty small theater.

I'll go back to just looking at the names and trying to come up with my choices and the theater.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Not A Pain In The Aft wrote:
I'm not part of this group but, it was made clear that anyone taking advantage of the Halloween offer and who took QM2 for 4th of July got the pre-cruise package which includes show tickets... I don't think you have any say in the matter. Just my opinion...

This is what made me think that yes, the pre-cruise package was included, but that the theater tickets would be purchased separately from Nina.

Quote :

PRE-CRUISE PACKAGE You also have access to our exclusive pre-cruise NYC City package starting at just $289.00pp/dbl

• Includes 1 night at the Hyatt Grand Central
  • Transportation to Dinner at Rosie O'Grady's*
  • Transportation to Spamalot*
  • Transportation back to hotel.
  • Transfer and luggage assistance including all taxes and gratuities to Queen Mary 2 the next morning.

* Represents additional charges for these activities

I was looking at the

" * Represents additional charges for these activities" with the * next to the dinner and the show. Either way Im still interested in going to the show. I just assumed from what it said the show was not part of the pre-cruise package since it says it isn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:24 am

Jane--------thats for people that buy the package,not the winners that get it included..

I saw a Broadway play last summer and the theater was small,IMHO..
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:41 am

PH8 wrote:
Jane--------thats for people that buy the package,not the winners that get it included..

I'm gonna date myself but I saw Pearl Bailey in Hello Dolly and there could not have been more than 200 - 250 people in the theater and then back in the mid 90's and working in Manhatten we took some time to go see a show and that theater was even smaller.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:30 am

wow..200, that is small..........

I just looked and we were at the Walter Kerr theather..holds about 900......so guess it wasnt that small at all..........
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:22 am

frudutx wrote:
PH8 wrote:

I'm gonna date myself but I saw Pearl Bailey in Hello Dolly and there could not have been more than 200 - 250 people in the theater and then back in the mid 90's and working in Manhatten we took some time to go see a show and that theater was even smaller.

d

I saw Hello Dolly with Carol Channing (in Dallas). She was surprisingly good. I love seeing her.

That probably dates me too.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:13 pm

PH8 wrote:
Jane--------thats for people that buy the package, not the winners that get it included..

I didn't win anything, got it with the Oasis booking. That's why I was assuming it was the way the precruise pkg was written. No matter, I'm still going and really looking forward to the trip. Had I seen the price and gotten to know the group earlier, I think I would have booked on my own anyway. The dates just work perfect for me, right between other cruises.

I admit I was skeptical. The price for this cruise looked too good to be true (even at full price) and I didn't know what to think. I gave Nina my deposit and got a cabin and a booking # and decided I wanted to go no matter what, even if I had to make arrangements by myself. This cruise is what pulled me into the group to get to know everyone (just being honest). So forgive me, when I say my attitude was, if it sounds too good to be true, it might not be true. (remember I had not been reading the message board or getting to know Tina and others).

It's still such a wonderfull trip. I don't really care what is included and what is extra. I just needed to make sure this website and the deals were for real. I think the prices are so reasonable anyone could afford them (sorry Andy). I had joined this site earlier and looked around and left because everything was from the East Coast, but came back for this deal. I admit I'm sure hooked now and hope to do lots more cruises with this group. If there is ever another cruise like this one with a reasonable priced cruise where I can also spend time in NYC, I'm in. I'm not sure I would come to NYC just to shop, but if it was included with a short cruise like this I would. I apologize for the skepticism, Tina is indeed doing wonderful things for this group.

Thank you Tina for everything you have done. You are wonderfull beyond words. I intend to support this site in any way I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)   

Back to top Go down

Jersey Boy Group Prices 6/30/09 (7/1/09 QM2)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1