Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:20 pm

Hope you're having a great time Patrick! Thanks for the dress codes - Maria is already planning for next year! lol!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
flowers wrote:
NDJollyMon wrote:
Patrick...you really know how to fire up "the ladies". Laughing

He got my attention when the most casual night is "elegant casual" which I assume is still a dress?

Flowers I've seen many pant-suits on elegant casual evening in addition to dresses.

thanks, I plan on needing a whole new wardrobe by July, and being down at least a size. I think thats what every woman worries about cruising, clothes, lol! Then the men worry about how much the women will spend shopping for it. Ill plan on looking at some nice pant suits too to bring. 5 dinners plus at least one ball Im thinking on a 5 day.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Ok...what the heck is ELEGANT CASUAL?

To me...casual on a cruise means khakis and a golf/polo shirt.
I'm guessing this isn't going to fly on the QM2???

Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Ok...what the heck is ELEGANT CASUAL?

To me...casual on a cruise means khakis and a golf/polo shirt.
I'm guessing this isn't going to fly on the QM2???

For gentlemen on Cunard, elegant casual means a jacket but, no tie required.
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:27 pm

Patick, hope you're enjoying yourself! Lots of photos please!
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:43 pm

Hi Patrick!!! Happy Holidays and I hope you're having a wonderful time!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:44 am

Hi all, sorry I didn't check in sooner. We had some rough seas (to the point of being confined inside) but, alas, if one needs to be trapped inside a ship, what better ship to be on than a Cunard ship, am I right? Very Happy

We were a little late reaching Ponta Del Garda but, it was a wonderful day and nice to get off the ship for a while. Almost to Antigua and it's been warming up rapidly.

Been having a wonderful time so far, in spite of rough seas. I can't wait to get the photos uploaded so you can see how festive the ship looks this year. From what I've heard on-board, they did a much better job this year than they did last year. Then again, they just finished the inaugural last year and off she went, so, it's understandable that might not have had time to decorate her as well.

Will check in again soon! HolidayTree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:50 am

Sorry to hear you hit rough seas Patrick, crossings are always tough but, winter crossings always seem to be rough. Hope your parents handled it ok. And, enjoy the warm of the Caribbean while you have it, don't worry about us, we'll be here waiting for your return!

Enjoy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Hey Patrick! Sorry about the rough seas and likewise, I hope you're parents handled it well. Sounds like you're ready for some serious island hopping at this point Very Happy Really wishing we were cruising this Christmas but, with an engagement announcement in the family and meeting new in-laws it just wasn't going to happen this year. Making the anticipation for next year build up even more.

You have a great time for yourself and wave hi to Ed, Eddie and Andy on QM2 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:29 pm

Patrick, Hope that you're enjoying the Queen Victoria Christmas Cruise. Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Cool. I love rough seas! Rids me of that HOTEL feeling!

Rougher the better. Biggest I've been in were 22' swells on the way to Curacao. We were getting splashed on the promenade deck!

Back to top Go down
NYC PD
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:25 pm

Hope you have smoother waters on your return back to Southampton Patrick. Have a lot of fun and, wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Happy Boxing Day and Happy New Year

HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kingofqueens71
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:52 pm

PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
Hi all, sorry I didn't check in sooner. We had some rough seas (to the point of being confined inside) but, alas, if one needs to be trapped inside a ship, what better ship to be on than a Cunard ship, am I right? Very Happy

We were a little late reaching Ponta Del Garda but, it was a wonderful day and nice to get off the ship for a while. Almost to Antigua and it's been warming up rapidly.

Been having a wonderful time so far, in spite of rough seas. I can't wait to get the photos uploaded so you can see how festive the ship looks this year. From what I've heard on-board, they did a much better job this year than they did last year. Then again, they just finished the inaugural last year and off she went, so, it's understandable that might not have had time to decorate her as well.

Will check in again soon! HolidayTree

Hope you're enjoying yourself Patrick - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your parents and be sure to tell your Dad I wish I could have one dance with him this year Wink
Back to top Go down
http://cruisefreekforums.forumfreek.com

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:21 pm

Greetings from St. Kitts!! Mom, Dad and I took the narrow gauge railway around the island today. I really enjoyed this and, it took about 4 hours to do the entire loop. To be honest, this is probably the best option for St. Kitts since the shore excursions aren't all that plentiful but, I'm not complaining, the weather is beautiful, the landscape is beautiful and the people are beautiful.

Just to caution anyone for next year, if you're prone to motion sickness this train sways - a lot! So come prepared if you book this excursion.

We were in Antigua yesterday and, I went diving. I used Jolly Dive Center and couldn't help think about NDJollyMon Very Happy Here's the link: http://jollydive.com/ Excellent company! And, I have some awesome photos to share with all of you when I get home.

Let's see what did I miss - oh yes, while at sea the Captain gave a lecture about pirates - meaning the recent piracy and have been assured Cunard ships are very secure. We also had the crew/staff tug of war which is always fun on the way down.

Having an absolute wonderful time! Tina, I will pass the message along to Dad Wink

I'll check in again soon, Merry Christmas all!

Patrick
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:49 pm

hope your having a great warm time,here in minnesota is alot of snow and cold i hate it, also that means a whole year of shopping for formal and elegant items
i love to get into the things they have on the ships, (hat, toga, etc.) they are fun and you meet alot more people. so in other words when we sail in december we will have rough seas, the only fun thing about that is when your sitting and watching everyone else trying to walk llike they are drunk i love doing that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:24 pm

PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
Greetings from St. Kitts!! Mom, Dad and I took the narrow gauge railway around the island today. I really enjoyed this and, it took about 4 hours to do the entire loop. To be honest, this is probably the best option for St. Kitts since the shore excursions aren't all that plentiful but, I'm not complaining, the weather is beautiful, the landscape is beautiful and the people are beautiful.

Just to caution anyone for next year, if you're prone to motion sickness this train sways - a lot! So come prepared if you book this excursion.

We were in Antigua yesterday and, I went diving. I used Jolly Dive Center and couldn't help think about NDJollyMon Very Happy Here's the link: http://jollydive.com/ Excellent company! And, I have some awesome photos to share with all of you when I get home.

Let's see what did I miss - oh yes, while at sea the Captain gave a lecture about pirates - meaning the recent piracy and have been assured Cunard ships are very secure. We also had the crew/staff tug of war which is always fun on the way down.

Having an absolute wonderful time! Tina, I will pass the message along to Dad Wink

I'll check in again soon, Merry Christmas all!

Patrick

Glad you're enjoying yourself Patrick. I have to admit, it's weird being home, especially without Dad. Mom's handling everything better than I thought she would so we probably could have cruised this year. I still think we made the right choice by not going - Anyhow, I don't want to bring anyone down. I'm just letting the thoughts trickle out of my blonde head as usual Very Happy

So, Patrick, my love Wink Get those dancing shoes ready because I need a dance partner next year and if Marina thinks she's getting you all to herself... Well, she's just going to have to share you.

And Patrick, stop flirting with all the ladies - you're OUR dance partner, we had you first!!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Good hearing from you Paddy boy!! Sounds like you're having fun, keep the reports coming in!!

Christina, if you or your Mom need anything, we're a phone all away. Wink
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Jolly dive! Gotta love it!

Back to top Go down
Giovani
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:33 am

Ciao Patrick! Wishing you a continued safe and enjoyable sailing. Happy Holidays!

myspace layouts codes

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:33 pm

Greetings from sunny, warm and delightful Barbados!! Having a wonderful time, just wish you were all here with me! We were in Grenada yesterday, did a two tank dive and, it was fabulous! Lots more photos to show you when I get home.

Today is a beach day. Our last day in the Caribbean before making our turn around to head back to Southampton.

Will check in again tomorrow with more details. I want to put a few more posts on the boards!

Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:34 pm

Have fun Patrick! Can't wait to see the pics!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:00 pm

Hello Love! Hope you're having a great time! Merry Christmas and save a dance for me!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:11 pm

Hello Marina Love! Very Happy

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE BEAUTIFUL QUEEN VICTORIA.
One year from today we will be sharing laughs on Queen Mary 2 and enjoying that warm, tropical Caribbean weather!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Patrick
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:15 am

Hope you had a nice Christmas on the ship, Patrick!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:54 am

Merry Boxing Day Patrick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   

Back to top Go down

Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next