Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:24 pm

I agree age should be removed. A better measure of a persons 'Experience' would be the number of cruises they had taken. It would need to be entered into the profile and anyone who chose not to could have a "?" and be mysterious. Smile

I also agree the banners should be grouped in one place.

Finally how about a category on shipboard entertainment. Not just the shows but musicians in the forum, availabilty of dancefloors , types of music, etc
Back to top Go down
pmfan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:13 pm

I have been looking around and reading different threads and I have not seen anything about cruising with special needs. More specific would be cruising with a service dog. Is there an area like that on this board?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Number of cruises wouldn't mean much...IMHO.
Some people climb on 2 , 3 or 5 day cruises every weekend.
I, on the otherhand...take 10, or 15 day cruises each time. Mostly, because I've got to fly a long way to climb onboard.

That being said...I'm not afraid of posting my age. The older I get, the smarter I get, the more happy I get. I'm certainly not afraid of that...I'm proud of that.

Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:31 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
I, on the otherhand...take 10, or 15 day cruises each time. Mostly, because I've got to fly a long way to climb onboard.

That being said...I'm not afraid of posting my age. The older I get, the smarter I get, the more happy I get. I'm certainly not afraid of that...I'm proud of that.

I agree how often you cruise is not a measure of how much you know about cruising. My friend has gone on cruises forever. She will tell me she is going on a cruise out of Calif. I ask which ship, she doesnt know, says they are all the same, who cares. Which port? she says my kids book the cruises with my credit card, I just go. She doesnt even get off in the ports any more, just goes on the cruise to play bridge all the time if she can and eat. Her husband left her well off, so she doesnt care what the cruises cost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:42 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:

Heck--if I were only 44,I wouldnt mind posting my age either...... Razz

signed,
Someone who takes those 3 night cruises every weekend Laughing
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:56 pm

Great points! I ask some people which ship they sailed...and they can't even tell me. (let alone which cruise line) Some people (like me) are obsessed with the subject...and can tell you ships, sizes, sister ships, yadda-yadda.

I wish I were close enough to port to go more often, or wasn't a broke-ass Firefighter! (ok...I love being a Firefighter...just not a broke-ass one!) I feel blessed for the ones I've been able to take...and will take. Truly a gift in my eyes.

When my older sister was (hkienzle) graduating high school...she contemplated going on a Carnival cruise to celebrate. That was when I saw my first cruise brochure. I remember the ships being Festivale, Carnivale, and Mardi Gras. It looked like so much fun, and I dreamed of cruising for the next 20 years. We finally pulled off our first cruise in 1999 on Enchantment of the Seas. I thought I'd died...and gone to heaven. That feeling has never left me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:05 pm

I think the people who would join this forum would know what ships and line they had been on. And therefore the number of cruises would be more meaningful than age.
What is IMHO by the way ? Oh .......is it ''In My Humble Opinion" ?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Yep...(IMHO)
or

IMHWOSPIO...
in my humble whacked out sometimes politically incorrect opinion! Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:30 pm

I think you made that last one up Pete Very Happy
So how many cruises of five days or more have you done ?
queen
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:42 pm

Enchantment 7
Navigator 7
Valor 7
Island Princes 15 (Hawaii)
Ocean Princess 10

Upcoming:
Emerald Princess 10
Viking River 15 (Europe)
QM2 15
EOS 14?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:33 pm

Now that is far more interesting than you being 44 Wink

I have
Vision 8
Jewel 7
Dawn 7
queen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   

Back to top Go down

Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top