Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:03 pm

I want to welcome everyone to the boards and please continue to suggest Categories and make other suggestion to help make this board tops.

Feel free to post here or to send me an email, I don't bite, I promise Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://cruisefreekforums.forumfreek.com

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:48 pm

They could stand to be darkened a bit-- JMHO.. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Driftychick
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:51 pm

Please, Please, Please, can we REMOVE the AGE from showing? I don't mind the month and day, but, can we please just loose the years???? Thanks,Idea
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:17 pm

Driftychick wrote:
Please, Please, Please, can we REMOVE the AGE from showing? I don't mind the month and day, but, can we please just loose the years???? Thanks,Idea

Yes, I have to agree to that one!
Back to top Go down
http://cruisefreekforums.forumfreek.com
newhips
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Age   Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:37 pm

Driftychick wrote:

Hi Driftychick - Personally, I don't mind the age showing, I'm happy I made it this far (and hope to keep going) - LOL
Back to top Go down
Driftychick
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:22 pm

Oh I to am VERY happy to have made it this far, I just want to keep it a secret a bit longer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:01 pm

How about Hotels and Ground Transportation? Those are important Categories to include!
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:56 pm

I vote for removing the ages as well! YIKES! If the intention is to get a clue as to someones age, maybe you could use age "ranges" instead....
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:15 pm

Ranges like 18-30, 29 forever, 30-50, 51-101 Very Happy

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
choose2cruise

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:30 am

Is there, or could there be, a post about shore excursions? My first cruise is 6 months away, and I don;t know anything about Nassaua. SOme of the excursions are Breezes, Wyndham at Cable Beach, or since the cruise is actually the vacation, is it better to stay on the ship, and enjoy that while everyone else goes ashore??? I tried looking at reviews on the web, but they are all from guests who actually stay at the resort. So maybe a port review.
Back to top Go down
Flotsam

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Thu May 01, 2008 4:20 pm

I agree about the "age" thing, as one thing I have learned in my life on the borads, is that when people know your age, they tend to pigoinhole you.

for instance, if a 20+ comes and asks advice, they well tend to gloss over the suggestions from abyone over (at least) 40. and as for you 60 years olds, forget it. duh
I find that judging people by what they say and not what they are works out a whole lot better.

Also, I agree that an area on shore excursions and ports would be a good addition.
Back to top Go down
crazycruiser

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Sun May 04, 2008 6:39 pm

Just saying hello. Not new to cruising but new to this board. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Sun May 04, 2008 7:10 pm

Welcome Welcome Aboard! We're very happy you joined us!
Back to top Go down
nedstar
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Information   Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Here you can find a lot information with pictures and flash movies etc. etc.

http://www.nedstar.mycruiseadviser.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.nedstar.mycruiseadviser.com

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:56 pm

How about reviews of private tours, both good and bad, with approx. cost included? It would be nice to compare then to the ship's offerings so we can make a more informeddecision on our upcoming cruises.
kk99
Back to top Go down
babybear
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:01 pm

I would love suggestions on cruises and shore tours tailored to the over 65 sailors. I know that it is important to reserach the ships to make sure it fits your idea of a great vacation.
babybear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:12 am

kk99,

Excellent idea!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:14 am

I've done a lot of private tours. Would be happy to contribute to a 'port and excursions' review section if one gets established. Have done South America, Asia, Canada/Colonial America, Europe, Med, British Isles.

Kohaladonah
Back to top Go down
sjcruiser36
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: ALL Transportation   Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:16 pm

In the transportation section, I think air, train, driving and ground transfers information should be included. The most popular would be air and ground transfers, but I think a lot of people drive due to cost of transporting more than one or two people. those driving from distances could receive "insight" from locals or those who have traveled specific routes to be alerted to alternate routes, traffic, construction, fuel prices, rest stops, dining, local stops, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:34 pm

Hello,
Newbie here. I guess I have a couple of suggestions for a couple of things I have noticed since joining. While trying to look over topics that might be of interest to me, It is kind of distracting with all those group cruise banners in the middle of all the topics. Is there some way of re-organizing the home page, maybe put all of those banners at the top, instead of splitting everything in half? And a thread where people might post a joke or smile of the day?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:38 am

okay what bothers me is that if i scroll down and find something i want to look at when i got into that forum and come back out i'm back up at the top of the page and have to start scrolling all over again. i know don't sweat the small stuff but i just had to get that off my chest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:46 am

okay i have a question that i don't know where to post but i have been trying to find an answer to this for 3 years.

3 years ago in barbados i went on a shore excursion - the jolly roger. it took us to a beach for 45 minutes or so and the sand was like a light pink silk and the water was crystal clear. you could see your feet in 5 feet of water. it wasn't blue - it was clear. it was so beautiful. 2 years ago i asked one of the dispatchers standing at the port where he thought that was and he shuttled me onto a van going to monkey beach. besides the fact that it looked like rain and i didn't think i would be out there for 6 hours i elected to pay for my group for the one way ride so we could leave when we wanted. when we tried to leave because monkey beach is just some tourist trap in my estimation, we had a huge fight with the taxi driver saying we did not pay and i was like you better call the cops now because we paid and that was not our taxi driver to begin with. anyway, long story even longer, last year we went to a different beach and that was not it either. the jolly roger has been sold and the new owners scrapped that boat so they don't even know which beach it was. does anyone know the beach i am talking about?????? i am going back in february and i was so hoping for some relaxing time on that beautiful beach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:12 pm

check out http://barbados-guide.info/attractions/beaches/ At the bottom of the page there are links to several beaches ... I didn't check each one, but maybe one of them describes the beach you are looking for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:46 pm

i have googled myself till i've turned blue for 2 years looking for this and on some obscure review i think i found it. some one on the review said "The rum punch is free and there are various pirate-orientated
entertainments to enjoy as you float gently towards Holetown Bay. There
you’ll anchor for an hour so" so now i think it is holetown beach and i have a barbados map so i'm golden now.
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:45 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
okay i have a question that i don't know where to post but i have been trying to find an answer to this for 3 years.

3 years ago in barbados i went on a shore excursion - the jolly roger. it took us to a beach for 45 minutes or so and the sand was like a light pink silk and the water was crystal clear. you could see your feet in 5 feet of water. it wasn't blue - it was clear. it was so beautiful. 2 years ago i asked one of the dispatchers standing at the port where he thought that was and he shuttled me onto a van going to monkey beach. besides the fact that it looked like rain and i didn't think i would be out there for 6 hours i elected to pay for my group for the one way ride so we could leave when we wanted. when we tried to leave because monkey beach is just some tourist trap in my estimation, we had a huge fight with the taxi driver saying we did not pay and i was like you better call the cops now because we paid and that was not our taxi driver to begin with. anyway, long story even longer, last year we went to a different beach and that was not it either. the jolly roger has been sold and the new owners scrapped that boat so they don't even know which beach it was. does anyone know the beach i am talking about?????? i am going back in february and i was so hoping for some relaxing time on that beautiful beach.

we been on a jolly roger ship also, the rum punch was so strong i couldn't drink it, and it was packed they brought us over to this little island and you could walk the plank to get of the ship, it was ok not as much fun as a cataraman excusion though i would choose that instead of a jolly roger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions   

Back to top Go down

Feel Free to Contribute and Make Suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next