Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:23 pm

okay so we're getting some people to go on this. looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:41 am

oesnjstar - pat & scott
cmgm1126 - carol & gene
becktours - Jeanie, Spencer (son) & Pat (MIL)
Admin - Tina, Charlie (Father), Anne (Mother), Butch (Tina's Friend)
cruising rays - Kim and Mike
Love2Hula - Tina & Pete
Jfultz81 - Jennifer and John (DH) with Ron and Maxine (John's parents)

Guess I should have done this in the proper format Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:40 pm

oesnjstar - pat & scott
cmgm1126 - carol & gene
becktours - Jeanie, Spencer (son) & Pat (MIL)
Admin - Tina, Charlie (Father), Anne (Mother), Butch (Tina's Friend)
cruising rays - Kim and Mike
Love2Hula - Tina & Pete
Jfultz81 - Jennifer and John (DH) with Ron and Maxine (John's parents)
Dramaqueen - Sheila and Bob
NancyK2sea - Nancy and Ken
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:57 pm

Wow.. its been 2 weeks without a post over here! Hope everyone is doing well! We've had a nice little warm up (going to be mid-60's this weekend, wohoo!), has anyone else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:30 am

195 days bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:47 pm

hey - there are 194 days till this cruise and the chatter has died. come on people let's whoop it up. i'd like to start doing some research on the types of clothing we will need as we go north. i'm not used to cold vacations although canada/new england has been on my short list. also like to know if any of you have done this trip if they do movies under the stars as it gets colder. i have been on princess but not one of the newer ones. i did the star princess and it was nice but not like this one looks. also can't wait for pete to get back and really review the sanctuary. looking forward to an adults only place completely. most of you will be meeting tina for the first time. sounds great. come on there is so much to chat about. i'm going off to do some research now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:52 pm

ok rhode island not looking bad weather wise. says it's about 71°. pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:54 pm

boston - 72°. still good. boston is an awesome city. my husband has never been anywhere other than florida and wherever we go on a cruise so i can't want to let him explore boston.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:55 pm

okay - maine is 59° in september. i'm out of my comfort level. the fleece is coming out of the suitcase. can't believe i'm actually packing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:56 pm

new brunswick - 55° and nova scotia about the same. wool socks time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:59 pm

whale watching in bar harbor. i have never seen a whale not in seaworld or the coney island aquarium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:11 am

bounce 6 months 1 week 2 days WAKE UP start packing
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:29 am

LOL, start packing??? Yikes, I haven't even finished figuring out what to do in port yet!

It seems like Boston and Rhode Island are going to be nice, but its going to be pretty cool when we go further north. Still not cold enough for sweaters though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:37 am

i will have a sweater on probably within hours. you will never see me in the dining room without one. i'm always cold anyway.
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Thinking about booking, yes, yes, I know I LIVE in New England but, it's still a very nice itinerary without all the driving.
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:22 pm

I'd book it if I lived in NE! I'd love to live close to a cruise port, wouldn't matter where it was going! C'mon and join us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:57 pm

karl - i leave out of bayonne NJ all the time because i love to not have to drive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi Everyone, Keep forgetting to stop in here. We are looking forward to our first foray away from RCI. We are D+ there so we'll have to start over at the bottom on Princess but it's all good. We just got back from Indie and we have a month on Radiance in S. America coming up in April. We have done this itinerary before and really enjoyed it. It was Oct so it was quite cool. I think going north in August will be a blessed relief from all the humidity we get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:05 pm

sheila - i just booked the indi for march 2010. i am so excited. i am going to take my niece (my baby sister's kid) who will be 10 then and her first cruise and i am so excited to be able to introduce her to cruising. it will be a memory that will last her lifetime. she will remember me when i am long gone for that memory. and i read michele's review of it and it looked so awesome i couldn't wait to book it. did you like it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Pat, We really had a good time on Indie. It's very big and we felt like we did a lot of walking but tha's not a bad thing. I think you and your niece will love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:21 pm

thanks sheila. even on the explorer a few weeks ago it seemed like we walked our tails off. the elevators were crowded at peak times and we would say oh it's only 4 flights let's walk. then we would come up to the lido deck and be forward and wanted to go aft so we'd walk. from the minute you get on you have to walk to 2 if you want to get an elevator and then go down to go up.
Back to top Go down
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
whale watching in bar harbor. i have never seen a whale not in seaworld or the coney island aquarium.

We would absolutely love to be able to do whale watching if that is available. Keep me posted. We will also check out the possibilities.

Kim
Back to top Go down
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:33 pm

With all those temps you posted Pat it is definitely sweater and fleece packing for me as well. Be a lot different than the shorts, t shirts, and bathing suits we are used to.

But we are so psyched to be going north.

Mike (DH) is disabled. Does anyone know if the Statue of Liberty is handicapped accessible??? We were just wondering if we would be able to go up it or not. If it is not will still be awesome to just see it from the outside.

Kim
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:21 am

You can only go into the pedestal observatories, the crown has been closed since 9/11. I was on their website, and while it does not specifically say anything about being handicap accessible, they do rent wheelchairs, so I would assume that means that it is. It wouldn't make sense otherwise, but you might want to call or email them to make sure -

info@statuecruises.com or 1-877-523-9849
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:07 am

EVERYONE WHO HAS BOOKED ALREADY AND HAS A CABIN - GO CHECK THE PRICES, THEY JUST DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY ON OCEANVIEW, BALCONY, AND SUITES!!!

I just happened to be looking at cabins and when I went back to choose another catagory the ov/bal went from $1099 to $799 and $899 and minisuites went from $1399 to $1199. I thought I was going crazy. Hope these prices are still good for you tomorrow!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call   

Back to top Go down

Caribbean Princess August 29, 2009 - Roll Call
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next