Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Christmas 2011 Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Christmas 2011 Question   Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:29 pm

Tina, I see that Crystal is going to be a Christmas cruise in 2011. Will there be another, more mainstream holiday cruise too or will that one be it for 2011? I wish I could afford Crystal but, right now and even in 2011, it just won't be realistic for me and, I'm sure many others on the board will have the same situation as me.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2011 Question   Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:14 pm

According to a note from Tina, there will be another, as yet to be determined, mainstream cruiseline cruise at the same time. Since cruiseline schedules for then have not been finalized, and likely won't be for some time, we'll all just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
David C
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2011 Question   Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:08 pm

That's great to know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2011 Question   Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:10 am

i see they are having a royal caribbean in 2010. that is the only way i can afford to cruise sometimes. i book at least a year in advance and send the TA $50 or $100 a week or so and then when it come to final payment i'm not in sticker shock.
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2011 Question   Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:40 am

that's a really good idea to send the ta money each week, never thought of that, i usually say i am going to saved for it and yet the money never seems to get saved
and then i am in shock when final payment comes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2011 Question   Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:56 pm

i have tried the i'm going to save for it and i take it and use it. so if i send it to the TA it's out of my pocket and that's that. sometimes i miss a week or 2 but at least it's much less when final payment comes. also what happened to me a few weeks ago was i made final payment on my rccl cruise in february already even though it wasn't due for a week or 2. then i saw on the rcl website that if you took a guaranteed interior room it was 540 less than i paid for a mid ship interior. so i 'downgraded', got my 540 back and i didn't lose the stateroom i had. i don't know how often that would happen but it was a pleasant surprise for me.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2011 Question   Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:02 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i have tried the i'm going to save for it and i take it and use it.

It might not help much, but if you have a RCL VISA card, you can charge things on it and get the points applied to your final balance and it doesnt affect the TA's commission (not unless you charge enough and use the points for a free cruise). Even if its only $100 or so, its some help? My electric company here allows you to put the monthly bill on your RCL VISA card for instance.
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2011 Question   Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:38 pm

I've booked the "Guarantee" rate several times for cruises and have never been disappointed. 9 times out of 10 you get upgraded. Same classification... balcony to balcony, etc. but still upgraded.

Can't beat it!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2011 Question   Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:41 pm

I would be interested in a Christmas cruise in 2011. Maybe on the Independence or something. Or even a Panama Canal Cruise. Things to keep in mind...
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2011 Question   Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:37 am

bjjost wrote:
I've booked the "Guarantee" rate several times for cruises and have never been disappointed. 9 times out of 10 you get upgraded. Same classification... balcony to balcony, etc. but still upgraded.

Can't beat it!!

Iv got a particular cabin booked now on Oasis, but if a balcony guarantee came along for a good price, Id jump on it in a minute. Iv had good luck too with guarantees, twice getting upgraded nicely. I like them too. We arent real picky, we prefer aft, and/or near a elevator, but other than that, not picky. Im hoping for guarantees to come out closer to the dates for a couple of these cruises. I want to go on them all. I need a BIG savings account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2011 Question   

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2011 Question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1