Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Here's the deal. I emailed admin Tina and she said if we can get at least 25 names on our opt-in list within a year's time, she'll make an official cruise! So, here's the proposal since Crystal is a very expensive cruise line, the proposal is for the Holiday cruise in 2011 in the Caribbean. Ajani has agreed to start a blog for this sailing and will put a link to the opt-in list on the blog. And Tina promised to make a page explaining the proposal and explain that nothing will be "guaranteed" until we have enough serious interest. She will also place the opt-in list on that page.

So if you have the means and would like the very rare chance to join a Crystal Cruise Lines group, this is your opportunity!

To give an idea about itinerary and pricing, here is 2009:

Dec 21 Mon Miami, Florida, USA 9 pm
Dec 22 - Dec 23 Cruising the Atlantic Ocean
Dec 24 Thu San Juan, Puerto Rico 8 am 6 pm
Dec 25 Fri Cruising the Caribbean Sea
Dec 26 Sat Barbados/Bridgetown, West Indies 8 am 12 m
Dec 27 Sun St. Lucia/Castries, West Indies 8 am 6 pm
Dec 28 Mon St. Maarten/Philipsburg, Netherlands Antilles 8 am 6 pm
Dec 29 Tue St. Barts/Gustavia, French West Indies 8 am 12 m
Dec 30 Wed Cruising the Caribbean Sea
Dec 31 Thu Bonaire/Kralendijk, Netherlands Antilles 9 am 5 pm
Jan 1 Fri Cruising the Caribbean Sea
Jan 2 Sat Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos 8 am 5 pm
Jan 3 Sun Cruising the Atlantic Ocean
Jan 4 Mon Miami, Florida, USA 8 am
Category Stateroom Name Brochure Fare Value Collection Fare
Penthouses
CP Crystal Penthouse with Verandah $45,960 $43,660
Crystal Society Save $1,960 in CP
PS Penthouse Suite with Verandah $25,535 $22,980
PH Penthouse with Verandah $20,260 $18,235
Crystal Society Save $920 in PS-PH
Staterooms
AA Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah $14,120 $10,730
Crystal Society Save $430 in AA
A Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah $13,130 $9,980
B Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah $12,505 $9,505
Crystal Society Save $400 in A-B
C Deluxe Stateroom $11,155 $7,920
Crystal Society Save $320 in C
Fares do not include port, security and handling charges of $385.

Your cruise includes:

• Luxury cruise accommodations, six-star cuisine, onboard entertainment and non-alcoholic beverages.

Your cruise does not include:

• Port, security and handling charges, gratuities, shore excursions, spa/personal services and optional add-ons.

Shore excursions, airline reservations, hotel stays and transfers may be booked via your travel agent.

Fares
are per person in U.S. dollars, double occupancy and do not include
port, security and handling charges of $385. Airfare is not included
and no air credit is available. A fuel surcharge of $12.00 per person,
per day will be added to the cruise fare. Air add-ons are available
from Crystal Cruises' designated gateway cities in the U.S. and Canada.
Single Traveler Fares: 125% for categories C; 135% for categories B and
A; 150% for category AA; 175% for category PH; 200% for categories PS
and CP. Single Fares are capacity-controlled, and may withdrawn at any
time. Single Crystal Society savings are available. Crystal Society and
Onboard Booking savings apply. Crystal Society savings are per person
based on double occupancy. Certain restrictions regarding combinability
of Crystal Society savings and Marketing Partner discounts may apply.
Back to top Go down
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:04 pm

Ok here's your blog! I know I'm fast! Very Happy

http://crystalcruiseholidays2011.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/
MichaelCT
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:29 pm

Slightly interested but too far into the future to really commit at this time, perhaps by next year I'll be able to give a more positive answer but the best I can offer at this time is maybe. I'll certainly be watching to see how this develops though!
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:24 pm

Add me to the "maybe" list
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:23 am

Hi everyone, I would love to see this Crystal group form. Just remember you have lots of time so don't get discouraged if there isn't a mad rush to be part of this group. This is going to be much tougher than organizing a group on Cunard mainly due to expense and the fact that all Crystal groups need approval from the cruise line. However, that doesn't mean it can't be done!

I'm not going to make this an official group until we have at least 20 emails on the opt-in list. I will send around an email to the TAs about the group today and, see if anyone is interested in working with the group. Since it is so far out, don't expect an immediate TA assignment yet but, I will still alert them to the forming group. However, you never know, one of them may want the group now and, I will assign that person immediately if that is the case.

Thanks all!

Tina
Back to top Go down
http://cruisefreekforums.forumfreek.com
Westchester Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:36 am

Best of luck with the group! GoodLuck
Back to top Go down
Crystal Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:49 am

I am EXTREMELY interested.
Back to top Go down
TV Guy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm an absolute yes. We are level 15 and usually book A/AA or higher. We usually have at least 2 other couples traveling with us, sometimes more.
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:23 pm

Fantastic! Glad to see some interest in Crystal ~ finally Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crystal Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:03 pm

I know this is very early but, when will we find out about TA assignment? I want to know who I am doing business with regarding booking. Sorry if that sounds a bit uppity but, I don't want just anyone handling my booking. I hope it's someone familiar with Crystal and not just any agent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:41 pm

Crystal Cruiser wrote:
I know this is very early but, when will we find out about TA assignment? I want to know who I am doing business with regarding booking. Sorry if that sounds a bit uppity but, I don't want just anyone handling my booking. I hope it's someone familiar with Crystal and not just any agent.

Don't worry the agents associated with board are fantastic! Regardless of who the assigned TA is they will travel with the group to insure excellent service.
Back to top Go down
JeanMarie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Keeping my eye on this thread.
Back to top Go down
Scorpione
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:53 pm

I am sailing Crystal this year for the holidays, would love to go again in 2011.
Back to top Go down
The Sophisticated Cat
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:39 am

Will certainly keep it under consideration.
Back to top Go down
Not A Pain In The Aft
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Wish I was able to afford it, it looks like an amazing cruise line!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm

I'm so glad to see so many interested in Crystal, I wasn't sure how many folks might wish to do this. Crystal as many of you know a 6 star vessel and is very worth the money. I've sailed on two of her ships and I get excited about the thought of doing it again. GREAT!
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:16 pm

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:
Crystal Cruiser wrote:

Don't worry the agents associated with board are fantastic! Regardless of who the assigned TA is they will travel with the group to insure excellent service.

Agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Crystal Group   Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:12 pm

It sounds like you have been on Crystal before and know the service will be top quality! As an agent I have experienced and sold many Crystal cruises. It is our top "satisfaction rated" line we sell. I would love to hear how many Cruise Freek members have been on Crystal before or know a lot about Crystal.

A cruise Freek agent:
Back to top Go down
Dr Demento
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:37 pm

Friendly Cruises wrote:
It sounds like you have been on Crystal before and know the service will be top quality! As an agent I have experienced and sold many Crystal cruises. It is our top "satisfaction rated" line we sell. I would love to hear how many Cruise Freek members have been on Crystal before or know a lot about Crystal.

Can you tell us about your experiences with Crystal? I'm sorry to say I won't be able to afford to go but, I'd still like to know more about this line...maybe one day...
Back to top Go down
The Sophisticated Cat
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:04 am

I have a question: are travel agents still allowed to discount Crystal? My guess is no since every other cruise line has gone in that direction too.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi Everyone, had to come by and see what all the buzz was about over here. Sounds like you all are excited! It's also nice to have more variety available on the boards Smile Hopefully, it will help to attract more members to our family here.

Cat, I do not have a specific answer to your question as personally I have never paid attention to Crystal's policy on rebating. I don't know about other agency's but I for one as a standard do not, I work hard for what I earn and arrange for many non-commissionable components for my clients as well. Perhaps one of the other agent's has Crystal's official stance on hand?

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
TV Guy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:03 pm

To the best of my knowledge, Crystal has stopped rebating. Personally, I think it was the smartest the cruise lines ever did, it was getting to the point where travel agents were working for pennies on the dollar and smaller agencies simply could not compete.

As far as excited, I'm always excited about sailing during the holidays! No phones, no emails and I only tell a few key people how to contact me Laughing It's my one true vacation every year.

This 2011 will be that much better knowing I'm sailing with friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:05 pm

I've gone ahead and looked it up, Ed is correct, Crystal has a no-rebating policy for all agencies.

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Crystal Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:09 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
I've gone ahead and looked it up, Ed is correct, Crystal has a no-rebating policy for all agencies.

Thank you for that confirmation. I took a sneak peak at your website, I see you're a Virtuoso agent, very impressive! How long have you been in the travel business and how long have you specialized in cruising?

Sorry, just being nosey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:48 pm

I wouldn't call that nosey, I call that a smart woman doing her research on us agents!

I first starting dabbling in travel arranging 8 years ago when I took over booking all of my personal and my family's vacations. If was my hobby but then after having the most sub-par service working with an agent again for my honeymoon (because afterall I knew what I was doing but an agent could do it better right?) I decided that as a professional I could correct all the wrongs I encounted. I didn't want to be an agent that just threw a brochure at someone with a list of prices without ever asking what it was they wanted for a trip. I wanted to be a consultant. So, 5 years ago I decided to go full time and started out focusing on the cruise and all-inclusive resort market. I've since refined my partnerships down to those cruise and tour vendors I completely trust with my clients and while my main focus is on cruising I also design custom itineraries for my past clients when a cruise won't take them where they want to go or give them the experiences they are after. I like people and travel arranging is my creative outlet and chance to meet people from all over the world. I've made some very good friends both in clients, my industry colleagues and several of my cruise vendor contacts. I became affliated with Virtuoso a year ago and am loving all of the opportunites I am able to provide for my client's through them!

That's probably more than you wanted to know but if you have any other questions (this goes for all of you on the boards) please don't hesitate to ask Smile

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   

Back to top Go down

Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next