Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

How About Pets and Pet Care

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archie
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: How About Pets and Pet Care   Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:52 pm

I don't think we're the only ones out there that have concerns about our family pets while we're cruising.

How about a forum where we can discuss pets and share information about various kennels and pet sitting services?
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: How About Pets and Pet Care   Mon May 19, 2008 3:04 pm

I use one called Annie Blue's Doggie Day Care. They have a LARGE sleeping area. I can't call it a cage. It's really more of a room. They even are theme painted...........the NASCAR room (seen below), Queen room, Elvis Room etc.

Yes, the car is their bed! They all have special beds and wall painting. Smile

Very large with concrete walls almost 6' high. The only fencing is the gate on the front. They are only in their cages for sleeping and eating, otherwise they have 10,000 square feet of
outdoor and climate-controlled indoor area to play in. As you can see, they even have their own couch on the indoor area - here's the owner, Sherry with a couple of boarders.
And the outdoor area has a large watering hole (more like a big metal swimming pool..........
and this:

I have come back early and found at least one of my minpins ON her desk while she is working. They are so spoiled. She charges the same rate as our Vet clinic does and get so much more personal attention. She wont keep agressive animals because they are all allowed to play together. If you want to see some of the rooms click the link ---- Annie Blue's

Travel Agent

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: How About Pets and Pet Care   Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:25 pm

We have a sitter move into the house while we are gone. We have two sisters (our next door neighbor's kids) 19 and 22 and another girl at the SPCA for backup and they each have keys to the house. The dog knows each of them and seems to do well, not having to change his environment.
Back to top Go down
http://bklongcrier.com
sjcruiser36
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: How About Pets and Pet Care   Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:02 pm

In the South Jersey Area, we previously used Best Friends on Route 73 in West Berlin/Voorhees. They are not cheap, but they are good and you can call and get an update on your pet (mood changes, eating or not, etc.). When we had one beagle, cost was not a problem. Now that we have two, we just pay a family member to stay with them while we are away. It keeps them in their own environment and they pretty much do they're own thing. They have a doggie door to go in and out the yard as they please, so whoever watches them just has to provide water, feed, clean yard everyday and put them to bed. Oh, yeah and the occasional snack! LOL
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: How About Pets and Pet Care   Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:26 pm

We always opt for a family member to stay at our house, acting as 'house and animal sitters'. Works well, less stress on the critters too.

Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
sjcruiser36
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: How About Pets and Pet Care   Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:03 pm

My vet suggested the family member to watch them at home. I really didn't understand about change of environments and moods and stuff when we only had one beagle. As long as they are both together, they're fine. I took one of them out one day to PetSmart to get expressed and left the other one at home. When we returned, it was as if we were gone for days. Even when only one has a vet appt. both of them go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How About Pets and Pet Care   Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:35 am

i put my 'buppie' in a kennel when i go away. if i go for a long weekend then i leave him with my father-in-law but longer than that i kennel him. he doesn't get along well with others - much like his owner - so those doggie day care places are out of the question and i don't have friends who are really dog lovers and when i travel at the holiday i don't trust that they don't leave chocolate on a coffee table or things like that and at least i know he's safe in a kennel. the one i use in barnegat nj they live in the house right next door and their 2 daughters do come in and play with him and he seems happy when i pick him up. i have used them for all my pets before and it's been fine. and they know he doesn't like others around him so they put him in the last cage against the wall so he doesn't have to worry about anything on that side and they usually try to keep a cage empty in front of him too. it's not cheap - it's like paying for 2 vacations but i just know he's safe and gets his med on time and that's what matters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How About Pets and Pet Care   

Back to top Go down

How About Pets and Pet Care
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1