Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cruising at Christmas/New Years with Kids - yea or ney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Demento
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Cruising at Christmas/New Years with Kids - yea or ney   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:31 pm

Looking for your experiences with Holiday cruising with kids and teens. Did the miss the Holidays at home? Would you do it again? Any input is welcome, I love the Christmas cruise on EOS idea and, going to see how it goes over with the family and just looking for experiences from others especially since if we book, other family members probably will book too.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
Resident Expert Family Cruising

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Cruising at Christmas/New Years with Kids - yea or ney   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:54 pm

We've never been away from home for Christmas, but last year we were in Sydney for New Year's (before boarding the Sapphire Princess). The kids loved the fireworks over the Opera House and didn't miss home at all. Of course, they're little and New Year's isn't such a big deal for them as it might be for teens.

Since your kids are older, why don't you ask them how they might feel about it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
Long Island Mom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Cruising at Christmas/New Years with Kids - yea or ney   Thu May 01, 2008 2:12 pm

We've sailed during the holidays and, believe it or not the kids actually miss being on a ship when we have Christmas at home. One thing about cruising during the holidays when you have kids - you don't get the "Mom" or "Dad"..."I'm bored"...and school has been out for 2 days! Razz
Back to top Go down
HMS AnyShip
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Cruising at Christmas/New Years with Kids - yea or ney   Thu May 01, 2008 4:40 pm

We took our kids on our first Holiday sailing when they were teens. They LOVED it. Like Long Island Mom pointed out, not once did we hear "I'm bored" during Christmas vacation! We've made it a semi-annual tradition, one year home and the next Christmas at sea. I actually think it's easier to get teenagers to agree because you don't have the hassles of explaining that Santa will still find the cruise ship!
Back to top Go down
Queen B
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Cruising at Christmas/New Years with Kids - yea or ney   Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 pm

I was one of those who never thought a cruise during peak weeks would be enjoyable. Too crowded, too many kids and that it wouldn't feel like Christmas. I went, I saw, I'm hooked! Unfortunately, I can't afford to do it on a yearly basis but, we're also eyeing the proposed Royal Caribbean ship from NJ in 2010. We might just see you onboard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruising at Christmas/New Years with Kids - yea or ney   

Back to top Go down

Cruising at Christmas/New Years with Kids - yea or ney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1